Back to School Checklist 2021
July 28, 2021
It’s that time of the year again, as summer holidays draw ever nearer and summer seems to finally be making an appearance. Ryman is getting prepped for Back to School 2021!
Whether your children are heading back to primary school or off to college, Ryman has all the back to school supplies you need in a one-stop shop. From the latest on-trend stationery to the coolest lunch boxes and backpacks, it’s all here. This checklist will get your little ones totally sorted for the next academic year. Check out the latest fashion stationery ranges including, Magic & Sparkle, Gamer and Wild Tropics!
Going back to school on a budget? Don’t miss Ryman’s 10 for £10 collection that offers ten essential school supplies for only £10. Back to School shopping in 2021 is going to be a breeze!
For the Primary school years it’s likely that your child is supplied with all the stationery and books they need. However, once they make the leap to secondary school, they might be expected to bring in their own supplies for each lesson.
Here’s our top 10 list of stationery essentials to start secondary school as a winner!
- Lined notebooks are our number one must-have! Top Tip: We find that different colours for different subjects works well.
- Pencil case – retro or modern, choose your case to suit your style!
- Pens – can never have too many?
- Pencils – from drawing graphs, to sketching a masterpiece, we have them all!
- Highlighters to brighten any school day! Top Tip: Get a selection of colours and they work great for revision notes.
- Pencil Sharpener – so you’re always on point!
- Eraser – if we aren’t making mistakes, then we aren’t learning!
- Ruler – an essential for every pencil case. Top Tip: Ryman even sell space-saving foldable ones!
- Colouring pencils
- And finally, a glue stick!
We’ve all been there, you’ve decked your school bag out with the coolest stationery for a fresh start of term, only to find that your lunch box has leaked! Covering exercise books helps them to stay protected from spills and damage, cover each book with a plastic cover to ensure it lasts the year.
Stationery Extras Your Kids May Need:
It doesn’t seem like five minutes since you were buying the last lot of uniform, but it’s that time again! We’ve covered the basics in our shopping list below:
- Polo shirts or button-downs (3 or 5, depending on how often you want to use the washing machine)
- Jumpers or cardigans x 2
- Grey or black trousers/skirts x 2
- Waterproof coat
Depending on the school’s uniform, a blazer with the school crest as well as a tie may be needed. Oh and don’t forget, it’s a tradition to have uniform that’s way too big at the start of the year, there needs to be room to grow into it!
3. PE Kit
It’s safe to say that most PE kits of children get lost at some point (not with the Personalised by Ryman kit bags though!). Stick to the affordable basics that you can easily replace if items are lost or get too stained to be salvaged:
4. Core Extras
- Backpack - the most exciting back to school purchase for every pupil!
Let your child choose a lunch box that they love and you can then fill with a delicious meal to keep them going throughout the day!
- Lunchware - Bottles, boxes, bags - we’ve got you (and your snacks) covered!
- School lockers? You’ll need a combination lock
- Hand sanitiser, an absolute must-have these days! Top Tip: the travel sizes are great to throw into your children’s backpack or lunch bag.
Almost there, only a few more items to check off the Back to School list!
5. Name labels
Lastly, don’t forget to label everything (not your child though, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary!) Your child’s name should be in their uniform clothing, on their books and in their P.E. bag.
That’s it you’re done!
All of your Back to School Essentials are here, don’t miss out on Ryman’s incredible offers and on trend stationery styles this year. With the children all prepped for the next year at school you can fully relax over the summer holidays and enjoy a well earned break!