Slime is fun to play with for both kids and adults! It is a perfect activity for school holidays, rainy days, and weekends that is both a lot of fun for your little one and it's educational. That's right, slime is great for sensory play and strengthening hands. But, it’s not just for kids! Playing with gloop has also been shown to be stress-relieving and great for anxiety.
Whatsmore, did you know that you can make your own slime?
There are lots of different recipes for slime, but our recipe is cheap and easy to follow. From pink to blue to sparkles, this is the best way to make slime.
• 1 cup of PVA Glue ( and have 1/2 a cup extra close by to add in when thicking to the consistency you need)
• 1 table spoon of corn flour (add a litle more cornflour if needed if you want to make your slime less sticky as you mix it)
• 1 cup of water mixed with one table spoon of soda crystals/borax (or a cap full of sensitive liquid detergent without water if you can't find soda crystals)
You may need to add more soda crystals mixed with a little water or add a bit more liquid detergent to your slime mix depending on how thick you want your slime. These are the ingredients that will make your glue more sticky and thicker - turning it into slime.
How To Make Slime In 5 Easy Steps
• Start by mixing PVA and shaving foam
• Add in hand soap and a drop of lotion
• Pour in your favourite paint(s)
• Mix it up
• Add some water with liquid detergent and cornflower as needed
For step-by-step instructions, check out our how to make slime video on YouTube:
Warnings! - Please note adult supervision is required at all times during this activity. Please ensure children only play with slime for limited periods of time due to skin irritation that may occur. Slime is not for consumption - please seek immediate medical attention if swallowed or ingested. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after every use.
Storage! – Please store out of children’s reach in an airtight container to prevent from drying out.